Tuesday 3 February 2009

Current Books

I didn't list all my favourite books in my profile because I'd just go on and on. Don't even get me started. The easiest way for me to do it, is for me to just mention what I am currently reading.
I've just read 'Freaky Deaky' by Elmore Leonard and 'Swag' also by Elmore Leonard and both brilliant. I haven't read an Elmore Leonard novel for a while and I started off by re-reading 'Freaky Deaky', which was even better than I remembered. I hadn't read 'Swag' before but it was really cool. I have a whole pile of Elmore Leonard books to read, some I've read before and some I haven't but I'm looking forward to them all.
As a break from crime, I have picked up 'A Clash of Kings' by George RR Martin. This is the second volume of a massive fantasy saga. It reads more like medieval history with a smidge of the fantasy, rather than pure fantasy but it has great characters and a whole lot going on. I am really enjoying it, as I did the first book, 'A Game of Thrones'.
Okay, I'm off to do some writing now. This doesn't count.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amer, I saw you on Leigh's. I'm surprised he hasn't visited you yet but maybe he is a bit blaze now he has so many comments. I'm also a writer but not a novel writer. I write scripts and one of them, this one, is a radio serial online. I enjoyed reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Middle Ditch,
    Thanks for taking the time to come and visit my blog. You're the very first person to leave a comment. I'm glad you enjoyed reading what I've posted. It's very early days yet but hopefully it will continue to be interesting.
    I really liked Leigh's blog, which was one of the reasons I've started my own. He's probably busy writing at this very moment.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete