Tuesday 17 February 2009

A little bit sticky

It's been a few days since I last posted on my blog. I'm still new to it and I guess it hasn't become a habit yet. I've been working on the novel and by the time I finish writing in the evenings, it's usually a bit late to get on the computer and try to think about blogging. I thought I'd make the effort tonight though.
I've been working on the book, as I mentioned, but things have been a little bit sticky with it of late, in that I've been getting somewhat bogged down. The last few days, I've struggled to produce more than 500 words in an evening. I've managed to plan a bit of action in my head but that's for a little way down the line. For now, I'm finding it difficult to figure out what ought to happen where the story is at present.
I've plugged away at it though and hope I'll be able to write my way out of where I am. Working on this particular section has made me rethink some other aspects of the story and change a few story elements. I think tonight I had an idea of how to progress, so tomorrow I might be able to go with the flow and get a good chunk written. If I can hit 1000 words, I'll be happy.
Okay, it's off to bed for me now. Need sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment