Sunday 8 February 2009

Working on the novel

So, I haven't posted for a few days. I've been busy working on the novel and to tell the truth, I didn't just want to say 'yeah, wrote some more today', for every entry. That'd get a little boring after a while. Still, that's what I have been doing, apart from the day job (I'm a graphic designer, in case you wondered).
I did have to redo a couple of sections I wrote during the week. They seemed like hard work to write at the time but maybe that's because they weren't really working. I found myself thinking about those bits during the day and came up with a different way to write them. So it was a case of putting a line through what I'd already written (I'm working on my first draft longhand, good old pen and paper) and starting again. This time I was happier with the result and the story has moved on.
Progress is still a little slower than I'd like but I think my natural level is 1000 words a day and believe me, most of the time it takes long enough to hit that amount. There are days when I can get out 2-3000 words but they seem to be few and far between.
This weekend I've managed almost 3000 words and I may have a stab at more later on, so I'm happy. It's been a productive weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment